Services Offered: Resolution, Monitoring, Reimbursement
The Identity Theft Assistance Center (ITAC) partnered with Intersections® as a marketing partner to create this program. It seems to be a very good credit monitoring and protection program, although the product I evaluated seemed a little pricey.
Resolution: The key points to this program are in the credit repair side. They do not work under a limited power of attorney for the client, which means you do the work yourself.
Monitoring: Intersections® is partnered with Equifax for continuous monitoring. You can look at any of your credit reports online, which is handy for keeping on top of things yourself. Intersections® also watches certain public records and notifies you if your name comes up.
Reimbursement: There is a $20,000 reimbursement policy available. There is a $250 deductible, and underwriting may vary from state to state.
- If you have a dispute with Intersections®, their contract requires binding arbitration in Washington, D.C.
- There is no minimum required contract (you can cancel whenever you wish,) however there is a price break if you subscribe to their service for a year.
- The program requires you to register your credit cards with them.
- ITAC Sentinel is available for ages 13 and up.
- ITAC is a not-for-profit victim assistance organization.